Let us first take a look on ‘Why websites are of a high-priority’ nowadays and forward?
Website is a mirror for existence; it is an online presence imager. Website is not only needed to increase sales but also to broaden the business operation and outreach information of the organizations, institutions or businesses.
Additionally and significantly to interact with the browsers and provide them with the data or material they need and give them a chance to explore with a mouse click!
Websites are considered to be a digital showroom that demonstrates your provisions and displays it in the best and appealing state.
Institutions or businesses with websites are measured to be a trust bridge to the customers and browsers and an ultimate hub for them.
What are the optimal features of a website?
- People value the website that is reachable and mobile compatible in other words ‘Responsive Website’
- Professional characteristic of a good website is the well-designed and functional layout in terms of availability of a search bar, clear logo and a short descriptive information of the organization, business, service or product along with a navigation bar
- Content that is easy to read, freshly updated, provide information desired by the target audience and easy to navigate is a must!
- We cannot forget images of high-quality and internal links to homepage and social media pages even blogs are significant features too. Trendy appearance is looked-for.
- Last but not least, the interactive customer service set-up is another important feature of a high-quality website.
Do you know that ‘Responsive Websites’ have their special design and layout!
Same idea of watching a movie on a HDV Vs. a regular TV and not on a smart one; is the difference between the Traditional web design and the Responsive web design.
For example if you have a webpage that is easy to browse on your desktop/laptop but you face an obstacle to browse it on your smart phone, IPad or tablet; as the page doesn’t fit into your screen and you cannot look through it! But if the web was designed to be responsive and the developer has followed the coding they ought to; then the content would be compatible to all devices and optimal to browse on all screen sizes.
The prime features of a Responsive Design are:
- Flexible Format is used to automatically to rescale to all screen widths.
- Adaptable Media should also be featured where media as videos, images or other media attributes can resize according to the browsing device.
- Media Queries is an add-on media style that enables designers to have a broader techniques and methodology for their targeted browsers and devices.
If you want to talk ‘money’ then we need to make sure that developing a ‘Responsive Website’ is cost saving:
Responsive websites have a single coding, developer designs it to work on multiple devices and various specifications. Not only this but also maintenance cost is limited as Responsive Webpages are having one version of webpage where you update and follow-up instead of having a conventional classical webpage and another responsive one.
More importantly is that B2B needs a Responsive website from marketing prospective. Wider range of promotion and information broadcast is achieved through a responsive website due to the current behavioural changes of using portable and small devices.
Talking about advantages and importance of Responsive Website, the following are some of them:
Mostly in this day and age, mobiles are the first friendly hub of consumers and browsers. They use it either to seek information or search for a product. So a smart-phone webpage is not a luxury anymore. Websites has to be compatible with all smart devices including households and vehicles.
From technical point of view, data analysis is feasible with the Responsive Website. A uni-domain in Responsive Web Design (RWD) guarantees your website data exploration.
Branding of your platform is crucial, so a unified webpage that works on all devices is required to have an idol with logo, images and related media features that identifies your webpage.
The biggest search engines position the Responsive Websites among their top list as it boosts high traffic due to its compatibility.
A professional Responsive Website will present an attractive and appealing platform for users through its smooth and enhanced format to scan.
Having a clear and unified content of our webpage, increases traffic and a responsive design creates an interactive approach.
Things you need to put into consideration while designing a ‘Responsive Website’ to add some fine tuning:
- If content is the mastermind of your website, layout is the ambassador! A suitable yet clear font is needed.
- Avoid crowded pages; small screens require straight forward messages, images and options.
- Prevent testing the browser’s patience and tolerance. As internet speed is not guaranteed, so heavy and lengthy content won’t be favourable in the Responsive Web Design.
- Responsive Website should include a ‘testing tool’ for the developer whenever he/she adds or updates it to assure an excellent performance and obtain the aim behind the website, whether it is on a B2B or B2C Basis.
- Strategically, you should prioritize your design when setting your Responsive Website, to catch attention in a small area is much more complicated than into a big screen.
- In a Responsive Web Design you should have all flexible features that adapts to all devices and screen sizes. It should be innovate yet informative. Plan your strategy and a successful Responsive Website would be the medal you’ll receive.
Are you obliged to have a Responsive Website?
As more than 50% of webs’ traffic is NOT through desktops; then I’m afraid mobile optimization with responsive web design might be a must!
An ideally compatible website and a responsive one, is to simply ask a developer to create a cost effective design for all devices rather than generating multi versions of your website.
Developer concern is always the responding feature. It is not only to detect the device settings but to automatically respond to the browser favourites and choices.
Static and traditional methods of web designs are not a preference for users that’s why having a Responsive Website in not an option.
Lately debates on adaptive vs. responsive web design is practiced and the developers were challenged to make almost 6 different web sizes (screen widths) if the web design was taking the ‘adaptive’ path whereby the ‘responsive’ website is the modern web style as it conforms with the user’s size of the device.
Based on statistic almost 35% of people check their smart phones every half an hour so your website should cope with their quick browsing to optimize it and makes a tempting experience also maintains the presence of your website and cope with the high demand of a ‘responsive’ technology world!
Comparison between Responsive and Adaptive Websites:
· Single Website layout compatible for all devices
· Optimizing website layout, multiple codebase is required
· Cost and time saving
· More financial investment
· Images are presented in full size then resized based on the screen / device
· Images are designed to resize based on the device
· Responsive design are effortless to implement
· Requires advanced coding knowledge
· Loading is a bit slow as all website assets e.g. videos & images are downloaded even if it is not used.
· Only browsed/required assets as images and videos are downloaded